T.B. Scott Free Library has reopened
T.B. Scott Free Library has reopened with a limited capacity.
Expanded services include:
- Browsing the shelves for materials will be allowed but social gatherings continue to be prohibited.
- Computers are available without an appointment.
- Tax forms are available in the lobby. A public copier is available on the third floor.
- Library programs and events remain virtual.
- Meeting rooms are available for small groups of 10 or less and tables and chairs are spaced for physical distancing.
- Masks are required for everyone ages 2 and older and children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A limited number of disposable masks are available if needed.
- Curbside service is still available. Patrons are asked to schedule an appointment at 715-536-7191.
- Cleaning protocols of public use areas are in place.
Hours of service:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 6pm
- Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 10am to 1pm
We continue to offer Family Story Time Activity Bags. Please call the Library at 715-536-7191 to schedule a curbside pickup, if preferred, to receive your activity bag while supplies last.
We are encouraging our patrons to use our website and the tools and resources available there, including eBooks and eAudiobooks, streaming video, digital learning tools, and more through the Wisconsin Digital Library.
Curbside Pickup Services
T.B. Scott Free Library is providing contactless, curbside pickup of materials by appointment. Staff members are taking precautions by wearing gloves and masks at all times while handling your requested materials. To maintain social distancing, staff cannot accept in-person returns. Please return materials to the outdoor book drops.
- Place your holds: Call 715-536-7191 to request materials or place holds through our online catalog for items available. Phones will be staffed Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. After hours messages will be returned the next working day.
- Schedule a time for pickup: We’ll give you a call when your items are ready to arrange an appointment for pickup. Upon scheduling, we will need a description of your vehicle.
- Pickup: Park near the entrance at the library at your appointment time. Alternate arrangements will be made if you don’t have a vehicle. Please remain in your vehicle, a staff member will be awaiting your arrival at the designated time. If you have a cell phone, you may call us at 715-536-7191 to notify us that you have arrived.
- Collect your items: When you arrive at your appointment time, a staff member will bring out your checked-out materials. With your window closed, we ask that you or whomever is picking up your materials present the library card in the window of the vehicle to verify that we are giving the requested materials to the correct person. We will then place the bag of materials in front of your stall. Or if you’d prefer, you may open your trunk and we can place your items there. In this way, we are ensuring social distancing.
- Due date(s): Each curbside check-out of library materials includes a check-out slip with due dates for each item. Lost the slip? Patrons may also check when their materials are due by signing-in to their V-Cat library accounts.
We are offering Family Story Time Activity Bags. Please call the Library at 715-536-7191 to schedule a curbside pickup to receive your activity bag while supplies last.
Once materials are returned, they will be quarantined for at least 96 hours.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we begin to provide services in a new way that is safe for everyone. Wait times may be longer than usual, and you may occasionally need to leave a message while we are helping other patrons. We will return your call as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you at a safe distance soon!
Note: If you are sick, please stay home. Do not come to the library to pick up your materials.
LET THE LIBRARY COME TO YOU!
If you or someone you know is interested in T.B. Scott Library Outreach Services, please contact Donna Plautz (email@example.com) or call at (715) 536-7191.
What is outreach?
T.B. Scott Library offers free delivery of materials to residents unable to visit the library because of age, illness, disability, or other incapacitating circumstance. Delivery is scheduled according to temporary or long term needs, and services are always tailored to your personal preferences.
What can I request?
Any material that can be checked out can be requested through our Outreach services. This includes Books, DVDs, Music CDs, Audio Books, Large Print materials, and even magazines. You may request specific items, or materials can be selected for you based on your preferences.
How many items will I receive?
This depends on your preference. Most people find that 4 to 5 items per delivery is enough to keep them engaged. We can adjust the number and type of material at any time.
When will I receive the materials?
Materials are delivered to your door once a month by friendly staff or volunteers. Mutually convenient delivery times will be arranged.
How can I register for this service?
Please contact Donna Plautz by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (715) 536-7191.